07-up MINI Cooper/Cooper S (R56)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is the JCW kit worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Default RE: Is the JCW kit worth it?

I got my JCW and I really think I'm gonna love it a whole lot. It has horspower to spare and handles way better then my Corvette did. The only option on this JCW is the Sport suspension.It corners perfecly flat and does not ride bad at all. I thought it would really be a harsh ride with the tite suspension and very low profile wide runflat tires but it rides perfect for me. Of course I don't know any better because I just got out of a Corvette I put ZO-6 Swaybars and ZO6 shocks on. I can't believe the power this little German made engine seems to put out. I have notreally run it up to redline or actually floored it yet. (Not enough miles) The transmission on this is made in Germany and shifts just perfect every time. I want to get at least 3,000 miles on it before I open it up. The chili red car with black top and mirrors with black front and rear sport stripes looks great. Oh yea! My first mod was I installed a JCW strut that goes from shock tower to shock tower in the front engine compartment. I would not know if this improved anything because I put it on as soon as I got home from the dealers when I bought the car. I'm guessing it does stiffen up the body twist. I'm glad I got it. I also put on a thin black license plate bracket. Next thing I think I want is a center arm rest. I want to see one on a car first thiough

Old 11-11-2008, 06:06 PM

Yes, It is well worth it. I got mine Oct.27th. and the more I drive it the better I like it. It is fast, handles excellent and looks great. Being A JCW the people that know cars already know what it is and go nuts wanting me to talk about it with them. The people not into cars just think it's cute and always seem to know somebody that owns a Mini and likes the one they have. All I know is I'm falling in "LOVE" with mine. I named it "Little REd Monster" because that is just what it is.
Ronnie948

Old 11-15-2008, 07:34 AM

MY 07 MCS
I have never driven a JCW however my MCS is a little monster.
I do not push to limit .It is already too much handeling and power for me.I usually drive conservive.However I have turned a few nephews and sons knuckles white.Some have asked where I learned to drive and how I push it so hard . Has anyone driven both the S and JCW .

John

Old 03-12-2009, 02:46 AM

Wow...thats 2 more added to the already 5 people i have meet who gave up a Corvette for a Mini...i meet 1 guy who gave up the Mini for a Corvette but still talk about quincidance (sp?) Minis are great little cars that over most have such a great value AND some power. I compared at the time a brand new 2006 Acura RSX type S: 210hp (170 to the wheels) 6 spped to a 2006 Mini and wow...the power to weight on the mini vs. the type S was spectacular. They were almost idetical...yet the Mini had it beat by about $8k! $30k for a Type S vs $22k for a MINI. Awesome little cars and the inspiration to my car project.

About the JCW its all prefernce. There is so much you can get. The power upgrade I have heard is a little better over a regular S. Throttle feels more responsive, but the overall performance is about the same. the looks do give it a more aggressive stance, but there is so much more you can get for the mini through aftermarket companies for a lot cheeper. Again it all comes down to prefrence.