Tires?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 08:24 AM
Default Tires?????

I have an 09 Clubman with 40K miles. I have already replaced the OEM Continentals with less then 20 k miles. Can anyone recommend a good All Season tire with low road noise and long tread life?
A local tire shop said "his" continental replacement tires will last longer then the same tire that came on the car. I can't imagine that is true. Any advice would be great.

Thanks!
Joel

Old 03-18-2014, 09:59 AM
ber

Hi.
Every tires have the same wear. I recomend you de bridgestone potenza because are very soft and decent duration.

Old 04-04-2015, 11:03 AM
Default Tires???!!

I prefer Kumho Ecsta's.
I had them on Eddie my hardtop and when I purchased Yeddie Haskel ( 2008 Clubman S brought home in a snow storm) it was the first thing I changed.
Low noise, great control at high speeds and still good in the snow.

Old 04-05-2015, 10:04 AM

Anything but run flat tires.

Old 03-08-2016, 10:43 PM

Auto manufacturers contract tiremakers to build to their specifications. The specification is: gotta be cheap & reliably roll offa da lot. Every OEM tire I've ever had on any new vehicle over the years was good for around 20K miles, except for my Nissan Frontier - I got an honest 40K of hard use out of them.

With that in mind, the Continental aftermarket seller should be correct with his assertion that his tires are better than OEM.

Last week I bought an 09 Clubman JCW with runflats. It drove like a buckboard & dangerously hopped sideways in a banked turn containing expansion joints running across the lane. I was praying that new tires would rectify the problem. I had my car in the shop for a new turbocharger & had a 2015 Cooper S loaner. Driving the same route, it was much smoother and safer handling.

I put a set of 4 Discount Tire's Barum Bravuris, branded for Discount by Continental. It was the cheapest of their 205/45 R17 tires, but highly rated, behind 2 other tires that cost maybe about $100 more: http://www.discounttire.com/storeRev...rue&rbqs.ar=45

For a $79 tire, they're rated for 40K miles, but if they don't last more than 20K miles I'll still be getting my money's worth. They handle and corner like they're painted to the road. I'd be happy with them even if they were more expensive.

Let's see what I think about them 6 months down the road, after a full summer of hot weather and some wet monsoon driving.

Last edited by AZmini; 03-08-2016 at 10:45 PM.