Go Back   Mini Cooper Forums - Mini Cooper Enthusiast Forums > Mini Cooper Vehicles > 2002-2006 Mini Cooper (R50)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-21-2009, 09:19 PM

Default 2002 Fog Lights, how to turn on

2002: Fog lights all the way at the bottom, and in the spoiler. These aren't the plastic lens ones but are clear and ALL of the way down on the spoiler, lower than the license plate and to the left and right of the metal air screen in the spoiler. There is no fog light switch on the panel by the window & lock switches as the owner's manual says there should be. I have driving lights that have the switch to the left of the steering wheel and they work fine, but I can't figure out how to get the fogs on. Can someone help me?
Thanks, Bob
Old 09-21-2009, 11:18 PM
Super Moderator

if they were factory installed the switch should be the second one from the right ,,, beside the factory passenger window control switch
Old 10-18-2009, 06:03 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Pexyreep73
Default 2002 Fog Lights how to turn on

As Al says, and from memory cars produced after April 1979 require a rear fog light and an internally iluminating way of warning you they are operating.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

REAR fog lights were an OPTION in the states ... And they are controlledby the MIDDLE switch on the console
Old 01-21-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaklaw View Post
2002: Fog lights all the way at the bottom, and in the spoiler. These aren't the plastic lens ones but are clear and ALL of the way down on the spoiler, lower than the license plate and to the left and right of the metal air screen in the spoiler. There is no fog light switch on the panel by the window & lock switches as the owner's manual says there should be. I have driving lights that have the switch to the left of the steering wheel and they work fine, but I can't figure out how to get the fogs on. Can someone help me?
Thanks, Bob
he is talking about the ones in the picture below, the switch on the panel for the fog lamps dosent work for this two, only for the upper ones.
that been clarify, I do want to know how to turn on this lamps to. thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 717px-MINICooperS.jpg (40.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 01-21-2010, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

sound like someone rewired this ... the second switch on right side turns those on ... If that turns on the two on the hood then they rewired it to work that way might have clipped the wires to them ...
Old 01-21-2010, 05:27 PM

Tags
2002, 2006, cooper, driving, factory, fog, installation, instructions, light, lights, lites, mini, rear, switch, turn