2002-2006 Mini Cooper (R50)

Manual Transmission BLOWN - - - THE FIX!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Default Mini trnsmission parts

I have parts for manual transmissions, bearings and seals kit, gears or full rebuild kit, you can rebuild your trany for less than $1,000, bearing kits for $350, (inc seals).

Old 06-08-2010, 09:14 AM
Default salvage cooper

I had an accident and got into the lake with front, insurance didn't cover me thanks got to f.. G..O , good commercial, lost money, had to buy whole engine and computers got hited in the back nice cooper, even thought which is better use as a donor
http://www.easyexport.us/?a_aid=4be815912c003

Old 06-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Rob
Default Is this problem w/Automatics and Manual Trans.

I have been thinking about buying a 2006-7 Mini with an Automatic trans. Is this frilure known to be of the same frequency with the Automatics as well as with the 6 sp manual. Are there other problems with an automatic?

Old 06-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Default Where can I get the parts and a good mechanic

Hi Minigears

I need the parts and a good mechanic to do the work for me, as my 2002 Cooper ( no S ) Manual is making noises like a main bearing is disintergrating

Also does anyone out there have any thoughts about replacing the Midland 5 speed with a later gertag 6 speed? The 5 speed has always felt like it needed another gear when doing freeway cruising.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:31 AM
Default transmission parts

I can get you the parts, if you live close to Toronto we can do the work or you can ship the tranny to us and we can fix it, bearing seals kit is $350 plus shipping, my email is javical71@gmail.com

Old 06-11-2010, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by cathyuk
Hi Minigears

I need the parts and a good mechanic to do the work for me, as my 2002 Cooper ( no S ) Manual is making noises like a main bearing is disintergrating

Also does anyone out there have any thoughts about replacing the Midland 5 speed with a later gertag 6 speed? The 5 speed has always felt like it needed another gear when doing freeway cruising.
I can get you the parts, if you live close to Toronto we can do the work or you can ship the tranny to us and we can fix it, bearing/seals kit is $350 plus shipping, if you have a good mechanig it's not to dificult to do, my email is javical71@gmail.com, to replace it with a 6 spd you need new shafts, trans mount, starter etc, it is a big and expensive job.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Default transmission issues

I know this is a manual transmission thread, but I thought I would still ask.

I have a 2005 (purchased in 2004) S convertible with an automatic transmission, 57,000 miles, and it's been having transmission issues. Check engine light is on, and it says EP, emergency program, now. I took it in and they said that I would have to get a new or used transmission because there aren't any mini transmission parts that you can buy. I'm not sure exactly what's wrong, I can find out, this mechanic has been very trustworthy in the past.

Is this true? you can't find any automatic transmission parts??

It was $5000 for a used 30,000 mile transmission or $9,000 for a brand new one... unfortunately I can't really afford either right now, so I'm trying to find if there are parts available.

It still drives, but has troubles shifting to 4th gear after about 10 or 15 minutes of driving, it mainly happens after I downshift, the shifting back up to the higher gears gets problematic, and it won't allow me to go into manual because it's in EP.

Old 09-15-2010, 02:49 PM

I just replaced the transmission on my 2005 Mini cabrio. Clutch fork and clutch also replaced. I would also be interested in provided my case for the class action suit. My transmission had been making a winding sign since 20,000 miles, and BMW refused to acknowledge that it existed until I was past 50K.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:59 PM

I'm confused with all this. I have a 2003 with the 5 speed, is it a problematic tranny? It's the stock tranny with 66,XXX miles on it, so is it going to go out soon? Is the 5 speed the CVT or is that only the automatics? I don't know much about transmissions, especially these trannys. After reading this thread, I am half hesitant to sell my mini right away with all these horror stories, even though I want to keep it! Help me before I make the bad decision to sell it!! Thanks!

Old 09-24-2010, 09:43 AM

I also find this thread to be a little unclear: Is it the CVT or the standard 5spd that is the problem. I am on my second R50 Mini.
The first one had 99K on it when I sold it, standard 5spd with the original clutch, gearbox and gear oil still in it and it worked perfectly. DB

Quick Reply: Manual Transmission BLOWN - - - THE FIX!!!