2002-2006 Mini Cooper S (R53)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mini Cooper Axle

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 11:53 AM
Default Mini Cooper Axle

Hi everyone, I'm having a problem with the axles to my 2004 base model R53. I'm currently trying to lower my car for handling and stance with D3 coil overs a well known suspension and parts company. But for some reason I've busted 3 right front axles and I have no clue what could be doing this. I've noticed not to many other people are having this problem and I don't know what the problem is. I know that for the R53's theres two different right front axles and idk if I have the wrong one or what. Can someone please help me, I want to learn and understand what is happening.

Old 09-07-2016, 11:41 AM

Have you installed rear adjustable control arms? Any lowering you do to a MINI you'll want to invest in a pair to keep the rear OEM spec in alignment. As far as having a front axle issue, I'm afraid it's not too uncommon when lowering a MINI a great deal. Mild lowering doesn't seem to cause an issue, it's when you're going for a very low center of gravity. You may need to invest in a heavier duty axle: The Driveshaft Shop | Mini 2001-2006 Cooper S Basic Axle Level 0 - Mini - Import Axles.

Rear control arms - http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/...pg3.htm#item12