General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Warning! New Mini Warranty change!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 09:46 AM
Default Warning! New Mini Warranty change!

Recently I visited my local Mini dealer for an oil change and warranty replacement of the chrome hood scoop that distorts usually around 6 months after replacement. It has been replaced twice under parts warranty. The dealer has told me that they will replace the defective part under parts warranty as long as it fails during the year after replacement. This time the dealer told me he will no longer honor the warranty as Mini has changed their policy on parts that have been replaced under warranty. He told me that "as long as I did not pay for the part replaced and it was replaced under the parts year warranty by Mini at no cost to me they will no longer honor the year warranty, there is NO warranty on Mini replaced parts"!! WHAT!! So now we will be stuck with parts that were replaced under warranty that have no warranty! So that tells me that if Mini replaced your transmission under warranty and one month later your car is out of warranty that they will not cover that part any more! This is terrible customer service and a terrible policy by Mini! Mini needs to clarify this policy and let their customers know!!