Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

OFFICIAL Exhaust Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 08:11 PM
JCC

Originally Posted by BigPDub
Average Miltek system runs about $999. The Borla and the Magnaflow systems are quite loud in my opinion. Borla has always been known for using less packing in the muffler and it gets louder and louder. The Miltek is one of the best systems I've seen. The Scorpion that Bav Auto sells is also pretty nice for the price. The Remus can be found at a heavily discounted price once you find the right site etc. Remus systems are generally quieter and more conservative in terms of flow and performance gains. I've had their systems on past MBZ and BMWs. I'm currently running the Invidia system, which I found on ebay for about $550 shipped. It has a really cool looking titanium tips and the sound is pretty deep. You can find clips of all these systems on YouTube.
I'm leaning more toward the Invidia right now after hearing bad things about the Alta. I like the look of it and the Borla. It would probably be between those two. I have not looked at the Remus yet or maybe I forgot. Do you like your Invidia? I have a little older model. Not sure what the difference is between the '05 and the '06.

Thanks for the feedback!

Old 02-05-2010, 07:09 AM

Another comment on the subject from personal experience We've a had Borla Cat Back system on our 2009 S convertible for about 3-4 months now. At first it was to quit, same sound as stock system. Called Borla and complained. Borla told us the mufflers wouldn't reach their max noise level till after 1000 miles. They were right. The sound now is a mellow low roar and sounds great going through the gears. We're old so two much noise was a concern. We still can have a conversation at any speed plus we listen to audible books in the car with no interference from the Borla's. Our Borla is the mild version, they sell a louder system. Same design but louder. Their big bore pipes also look great. $750 on line. Autoanything.com I think. Bob

Old 06-28-2010, 04:49 PM
Default Tsudo 02-03 mini cooper exhaust

I paid 259 for this item is some picture from www.northamericanmotoring.com

http://www.erzperformance.com/TSUDO_..._p/20-9355.htm

Name:  GcO7E.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  345.6 KB
Name:  qc4Jd.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  312.8 KB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRV1t...layer_embedded

sound clip

Old 08-18-2010, 07:04 PM

So I had an 86 Camaro with a 350 in it, and added a Magnaflow, but the car was already such a beast that I didn't notice a huge gain. Better sound though, richer. Does anyone have an idea of the Actual (average) HP gain on the Mini S by adding an exaust system. Despite price, I'm sure they are all comparable with anything over $6-700. Any thoughts??? I want to make sure it's worth it.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

15 with no mods , or possibly more with mods and headers

Old 10-25-2010, 03:54 PM

I did a quick search for you and alta performance seemed to have their stuff together. Id give them a call and see what they say.

you could also try NM engineering

or M7 tuning

Last edited by GTS 2.4; 10-25-2010 at 04:19 PM. Reason: adding more info
Old 10-26-2010, 12:09 PM
JCC

I was looking at the Invidia. Now I'm thinking Milltek.

Old 01-16-2011, 06:07 AM

nice topic "LIKES"

Old 08-25-2011, 06:47 PM

New release from CNT Racing for the R56 turbo looks like CNT Racing finally made their first exhaust for the Mini and looks like a great deal.

from CNT Racing website
The new CNT Racing cat-back exhaust system for the R56 MINI Cooper S is one of the highest quality and best sounding exhausts on the market for the R56. It features dual tips and 2.5" piping to guarantee free exhaust flow through your turbo Mini. It's designed to bolt up to the stock downpipe and eliminates the second cat. All necessary hardware and gaskets are included.

Fits the following MINI models:
R56 2007-up Hatchback Cooper S

CNT Racing 07-09 R56 S Catback Exhaust system (blue tips)

Last edited by andyk30; 08-25-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:41 AM

! I have a 06 Mini Coop just regular R50. I would like to change out the exhaust and filter just to give it a better sound and a little bit more performance. Right now I am looking at the Magnaflow Cat Back exhaust system and the AFE cold air intake. I need your help, if you guys have or had these parts please let me know how you feel about them, also of you recommend something different let me know, I have been doing research for awhile and I don't want to waste my money on nothing. Thank you all! Once I get it all done and it's parts on I will post a picture of my lovely MINI! Here are the links to the two products:

MagnaFlow- Magnaflow Cooper Exhaust - MINI Cooper Accessories :: MINI Cooper Parts :: OutMotoring

AFE Filter- aFe Intake R50 Cooper non S - Way Motor Works

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL Exhaust Thread