MCF Help & Suggestion Center Need help with MCF? Ask! Have a suggestion to better MCF? Tell us here.

07 mini Cooper s starting issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 06:24 PM
Default 07 mini Cooper s starting issue

I've been doing a little bit of work on my father-in-law's mini and after I had everything reassemble it fired up great ran perfectly then after I shut it off and try to restart it it just cranks and sputters so I took the plugs out and noticed that there was plenty of gas sitting inside of the cylinders I let it sit overnight with the battery disconnect and I reassembled everything this morning fired right up The oil service light was on so I went in and reset all the services that I had repaired as a fresh oil change not even 10 miles It ran for about a minute and then I shut it off and try to restart it to see if it would do it again and sure enough it would crank and spider but not start all while getting no CE else I had my uncle plug in the advanced OBD two scanner and read all the values and everything looked good I did notice that the resting fuel pressure was about 97lbs and throttle pedal was 17percent and also the fan speed one really had no connectivity but the relay is missing for that before I worked on it it had a starting issue where it would crank for a little bit and then fire up which was diagnosed as a bad coolant temp sensor that and the water pump thermostat housing the spark plugs all have been replaced as well as the brake pad sensors as the previous owner did not take very well care of this car the wires have been rubbing on the wheels for a little while so that's where I'm at thoughts
Update just pulled out plugs and there's fuel in the cylinders piston tops look wet some more than others smells like fuel