Mini Cooper Forums - Mini Cooper Enthusiast Forums

Mini Cooper Forums - Mini Cooper Enthusiast Forums (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/)
-   07-up MINI Cooper/Cooper S (R56) (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/07-up-mini-cooper-cooper-s-r56-31/)
-   -   Anybody know what these codes mean (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/07-up-mini-cooper-cooper-s-r56-31/anybody-know-what-these-codes-mean-6007/)

headhunter92 02-10-2013 08:15 PM

Anybody know what these codes mean

I recently have had issues with my rear hatch unlocking when I open the drivers door or remove the key after turning off the car. I've even had it unlock when stopped at a light or shutting the lights off. So went to my friends shop and clean the lower truck latch and took the handle off the tailgate/hatch and found the plug that connects to the handle assembly green and corroded. Of course it got cleaned up.It still unlocks when not asked to. So I went into the owners manual a reset the settings for what happens when the remote unlocks the doors and locks them when the car starts to move. Of course tried using the other key set. none of all that helped. So I put the scanner on it and looked for codes. The following codes were found: 2FD7 EWS ANTI THEFT TAMPERING PROTECTION. 287D VANOS INLET VANE ACTUATOR. 2A56 OXYGEN SENSOR HEATING AFTER CAT FUNCTION. 276A CATALYTIC CONVERTER CONVERTION. I'm really not concerned about the CAT and o2 codes since the car has an AEM RAM AIR INTAKE SYSTEM and a hi-flow cat with no tune. YET !!!

2008 S Model. 2 door hardtop n14 R56

headhunter92 02-10-2013 08:18 PM

Also just food for thought, is there a ground the could need the be cleaned ? How about a blown fuse for some odd reason ? Didn't check fuses yet. I even thought could something be wrong with the BC1 module ? (Body control)

headhunter92 02-10-2013 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by headhunter92 (Post 15731)
Also just food for thought, is there a ground the could need the be cleaned ? How about a blown fuse for some odd reason ? Didn't check fuses yet. I even thought could something be wrong with the BC1 module ? (Body control)

This car also has 153,000 miles

bad venge 02-11-2013 09:25 AM

I'd guess the anti theft is causing the lock/unlocking issues might be there is corrosion on door switches or the hatch cleanups not perfect

Have you tested the battery ? at times I've seen lower voltage cause weird "random" troubles. Also have you cleaned/checked battery terminals ?

headhunter92 02-11-2013 02:10 PM

what about the other codes ? what do they mean ? mitchell ondemand at the shop does not have the same code prefixes

bad venge 02-11-2013 04:01 PM

my manuals not showing the same either I was assuming it was the reader you are using. Some need conversion to proper codes ...

I'll Ask again have you checked battery (voltage and load test) and terminals?
So often the battery gets weak and the computer freaks out

headhunter92 02-11-2013 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by bad venge (Post 15737)
my manuals not showing the same either I was assuming it was the reader you are using. Some need conversion to proper codes ...

I'll Ask again have you checked battery (voltage and load test) and terminals?
So often the battery gets weak and the computer freaks out

actually the battery is brand new

Minitobe 03-19-2018 02:51 PM

Hey, sorry to wake this thread up but did you figure this out?

RedHarbor 03-02-2019 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Minitobe (Post 24958)
Hey, sorry to wake this thread up but did you figure this out?

I’m going to wake this one up again and ask if you found out your problem?

Minitobe 03-02-2019 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by RedHarbor (Post 26202)

I’m going to wake this one up again and ask if you found out your problem?

in my case, i found was water damage to the circuit that was shorting out the button. After replacement, it never failed again.