Mini Cooper Forums - Mini Cooper Enthusiast Forums

Mini Cooper Forums - Mini Cooper Enthusiast Forums (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/)
-   07-up MINI Cooper/Cooper S (R56) (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/07-up-mini-cooper-cooper-s-r56-31/)
-   -   R56 _ Lightning Blue (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/07-up-mini-cooper-cooper-s-r56-31/r56-_-lightning-blue-11074/)

Justin_R566 06-11-2018 08:50 PM

R56 _ Lightning Blue

Hi guys,
I've owned an R56 for close to a year now. Past vehicles I've owned such as my E39 540i it was common to have a build thread on the forum, therefore since I found a satisfactory forum to use I felt like sharing my journey. I bought a 07 MCS in lightning blue back in August of 2017, it's been such a fun vehicle. But as all R56 it is known to have it's issues, so far starter, valve cover, Camshaft Position sensor, spark plugs and injector coils along with shocks needing to be replaced. Upcoming tasks are brakes planning on using Stop tech sport pads along with replacing the vent hose that runs from the back of the engine on the passenger side. Hopefully, other people have been having comparable issues so mines not an oddball lol. Mine does suffer from the typical oil burning issues and have gotten the updated dipstick to improve reading of level. As far as mods I have a set of OZ Racing leggenda and it's lost a considerable amount of weight mostly because I ditched runflasts for DWS 06. Currently, have KONI FSDs on the car which make a nice smooth ride but would love a little drop but im not allowed. Thanks for reading!

Will get posts as soon as am allowed. It's lightning blue with black stripes and black roof. Loving the uniqueness of it.

Speedygixxer1000 07-11-2018 09:49 AM

I have a R56 as well and seem to work on it more than I drive it, if it wasn't so damn fun to drive I'd sell it..lol

Speedygixxer1000 07-11-2018 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Justin_R566 (Post 25353)
Hi guys,
I've owned an R56 for close to a year now. Past vehicles I've owned such as my E39 540i it was common to have a build thread on the forum, therefore since I found a satisfactory forum to use I felt like sharing my journey. I bought a 07 MCS in lightning blue back in August of 2017, it's been such a fun vehicle. But as all R56 it is known to have it's issues, so far starter, valve cover, Camshaft Position sensor, spark plugs and injector coils along with shocks needing to be replaced. Upcoming tasks are brakes planning on using Stop tech sport pads along with replacing the vent hose that runs from the back of the engine on the passenger side. Hopefully, other people have been having comparable issues so mines not an oddball lol. Mine does suffer from the typical oil burning issues and have gotten the updated dipstick to improve reading of level. As far as mods I have a set of OZ Racing leggenda and it's lost a considerable amount of weight mostly because I ditched runflasts for DWS 06. Currently, have KONI FSDs on the car which make a nice smooth ride but would love a little drop but im not allowed. Thanks for reading!

Will get posts as soon as am allowed. It's lightning blue with black stripes and black roof. Loving the uniqueness of it.

Are you running the stock clutch still?

Justin_R566 07-11-2018 09:54 AM

Yeah, I'm still on the stock clutch. I think engine/trans wise everything is stock and I believe from factory aside from the timing chain guide recall

Speedygixxer1000 07-11-2018 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Justin_R566 (Post 25501)
Yeah, I'm still on the stock clutch. I think engine/trans wise everything is stock and I believe from factory aside from the timing chain guide recall

just pulled my motor and tranny and trying to figure out what clutch/flywheel I should go with.