Mini Cooper Forums - Mini Cooper Enthusiast Forums

Mini Cooper Forums - Mini Cooper Enthusiast Forums (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/)
-   07-up MINI Cooper/Cooper S (R56) (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/07-up-mini-cooper-cooper-s-r56-31/)
-   -   TPMS goes Inactive for no reason (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/07-up-mini-cooper-cooper-s-r56-31/tpms-goes-inactive-no-reason-10717/)

MSgtEgress 01-22-2018 07:13 AM

TPMS goes Inactive for no reason

I have a 2008 S with 57K mi. Has anyone ever had their TPMS continually go inactive for no reason? It started about a week ago. I checked all the tire pressures (all good) reset the TPMS and it went away for about 4 days, then I was driving and it pops on again. Re-check the tires again reset and it comes back 2 days later. Then wouldn't reset, I shut off the car for 30 min and I go out and start it, light is out. Now its happening almost every day. Do I have a bad sensor some were?

Thank you all for your help

richjones24 01-29-2018 07:32 AM

I'm having the same issue, just had new wheels and tires installed. After resetting the Inactive reappears?

MSgtEgress 01-29-2018 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by richjones24 (Post 24722)
I'm having the same issue, just had new wheels and tires installed. After resetting the Inactive reappears?

Yes I reset and it goes inactive after 10-20 mile. Now it mysteriously resets itself and works for awhile then goes inactive suspect one tire sensor is flaky and is intermittent. I am buying a set of rims and tires from a 2011 convertible with good sensors. I’m going to swap them out to confirm it’s a sensor

MSgtEgress 02-03-2018 01:28 PM

Well the used rims I bought must have multiple bad sensors because the TPMS wont reset at all. I bought them for snow tires next year anyway. I've come t the conclusion I have at least one bad sensor.

Big_AL_in_JaxFL 03-04-2018 03:30 PM

It is my understanding the batteries in the TPMS wheel units go bad after about 5 years. There is no way to tell how long the sensors sat on a shelf before installed on your rim and you will be shocked to know.... the batteries are NOT replaceable. I hope that helps in some small way.

AL

Roger1244 10-24-2019 08:22 PM

09 minicooper convertible R57

I changed the sensor that was bad but still i'm unable to reset it, it just shows INACTIVE , i had the tire shop check all the sensors and 1 was bad, they replace it, now they did test them with their computer but still im unable to reset the TPMS alert. any suggestions?

nhatdallas 06-12-2020 02:23 PM

Hi have you solved the problem of the message Inactive. I have same since i've changed the 4 wheels.
Thank you.

Matthew Moore 05-07-2021 08:07 AM

Hi did you ever get your wheels working? I am having the same problem on my 09 S, works and goes inactive, seems to be getting worse, I was able to reset everyday, but now some times it won't even reset I have replaced all 4 sensors with no luck. I have a bmw scan tool and the only code coming up os for the RDC module. I am hesitant to invest in a new module.