2009 Mini Cooper Clubman AC Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 09:30 PM
Default 2009 Mini Cooper Clubman AC Problem

Hello everyone, new to the forum and with a mini cooper. Radio was bad and decided to replace it with an aftermarket one. Now having issues with the AC after putting everything back together the switch is not turning on the air conditioning. There is no sound or anything that provide evidence that the AC is starting at all. I've been trying to find the original radio wiring diagram so I can identify a series of cables that I have no idea what they're use is for that were connected to the original radio.

So far, I just installed the main wiring: speakers, battery constant, accessory switch, ground. The radio is working fine. There are a bunch of other cables that now are left hanging because the new radio does not have a connection to it. I don't think that those cables are part of the AC connectivity but right now, I'm not sure at all. If someone can point me out to schematic of the original radio so I can identify what's what for the cable, I will really appreciate it.

I have spend a couple of days doing search on the internet with no avail. Or maybe give me an idea what could be wrong with the AC. I think that it might be something with the switch connectivity because before switching to the new radio, the AC was working perfectly fine. These are the pics of the original radio front and back:

Last edited by jrberdecia; 09-10-2018 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Adding for details and pics.