Planning to change my rear pads & rotors

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 12:16 AM
Default Planning to change my rear pads & rotors

Any complicated procedure regarding e-brake? Or special piston compression tool? Any procedure will help thanks. I love my '08 r55, my wife trying to get rid of it and buy a family sedan because of our baby boy but I pride taking care of my cars. I'd love to keep this clubman and perhaps hand it off to my son when he drives years from now. It will be classic! Anyway. Any help is appreciated, my rear rotors has run-outs and making noise. Thanks again.

Old 02-18-2016, 01:39 PM

When doing brakes, you will most definitely want to replace your brake pad sensor HERE. If you're only doing the rears, you just need the Rear Right one. You'll need a tool to depress the caliper pistons. You are going to need to squeeze the piston back into the caliper so it will fit over the larger thickness of the new pads. We have a tech article for the R56 that may be helpful at that link above. Just click on the "tech info" tab at the top and click on R56 articles. It's under brakes. Otherwise, I'd highly suggest getting a Bentley Manual HERE. This covers a lot of do it yourself work that can help you with your Clubman. We have brake pads HERE and rotors HERE if needed. It's also good replace these screws HERE. Only 2 are are needed for the rear and 4 for all 4 corners. Let me know if you have any questions.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:37 PM

Ok thank you for the info. Now do I have to disconnect the e-brake line from the drum brake or something that's located somewhere in the rotor or does clubmans don't have that? I have changed brake pads & rotors before but never the rear ones. So if there isn't anything complicated regarding the e-brake then all is good. Please let me know? Thanks.

Old 02-19-2016, 09:49 AM

The ebrake is attached to the rear calipers (red arrow) by a cable. You do not need to remove this. Just make sure the ebrake is off; this will reduce tension on the cable and make it easier to move the caliper. All this info is in our tech article on our site, which should help you with doing the job.

Old 01-04-2018, 11:44 AM

should get plain grey coated rotors from SP Performance. Their quality parts are really good and their prices are fair. just make sure you call them to order. its much easier and important that you order the right size rotors