Mini Cooper Forums - Mini Cooper Enthusiast Forums

Mini Cooper Forums - Mini Cooper Enthusiast Forums (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/)
-   2002-2006 Mini Cooper S (R53) (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/2002-2006-mini-cooper-s-r53-12/)
-   -   Coolant problem need help! (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/2002-2006-mini-cooper-s-r53-12/coolant-problem-need-help-9627/)

Ajdin Uzi Uzunovic 12-17-2016 12:50 PM

Coolant problem need help!

Hi guys , i'm new here... and i hope so that someone will help me

Like first i own mini cooper r53, BY 2004..... car have 150 TKM ( app 100K miles)
I have fev problems with coolant sistem...

Few weeks ago in midle of drving i turned heating on and my expansion tank exploded ( separated on 2 peaces ) so i took my car ( not driving) to the shop and they find that i need to replace expansion tank and radiator and heater core ( expansion tank blowed because heater core was sealed ). reasons is becaose preowner putt pure water in cooling system ....
so i changed Radiator,expansion tank, heater core and three watter plastic separators. put mixture 60 coolant 40 water. and bleeded systerm.

Tested agein, drived few days i have great heating then today i kicked "pedal to metal" and approx at 5500 rpm in second gear steam come from hood immediatley stopped and turned off car... i looked under hood and i find that shoort hose that runs from branches to watter pump is broken....

So if someone can help me can broken water pump can cause rupture on hose

and also i checked ther is noo milk cremy on oil cap or expansion tank cap, there is no bubless in coolant no oil&coolant mixture , no foamy look at dipstic or gasoline smell in oil , no white steam from exoust ------ also there is no overheating... radiator fan work it kick on 105C ...

If anyone have idea what can cause this mess ?

bernardbarbour 12-23-2016 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ajdin Uzi Uzunovic (Post 22866)
Hi guys , i'm new here... and i hope so that someone will help me

Like first i own mini cooper r53, BY 2004..... car have 150 TKM ( app 100K miles)
I have fev problems with coolant sistem...

Few weeks ago in midle of drving i turned heating on and my expansion tank exploded ( separated on 2 peaces ) so i took my car ( not driving) to the shop and they find that i need to replace expansion tank and radiator and heater core ( expansion tank blowed because heater core was sealed ). reasons is becaose preowner putt pure water in cooling system ....
so i changed Radiator,expansion tank, heater core and three watter plastic separators. put mixture 60 coolant 40 water. and bleeded systerm.

Tested agein, drived few days i have great heating then today i kicked "pedal to metal" and approx at 5500 rpm in second gear steam come from hood immediatley stopped and turned off car... i looked under hood and i find that shoort hose that runs from branches to watter pump is broken....

So if someone can help me can broken water pump can cause rupture on hose

and also i checked ther is noo milk cremy on oil cap or expansion tank cap, there is no bubless in coolant no oil&coolant mixture , no foamy look at dipstic or gasoline smell in oil , no white steam from exoust ------ also there is no overheating... radiator fan work it kick on 105C ...

If anyone have idea what can cause this mess ?

I would go ahead and change the water pump, thermostat and inspect all your hoses while you're in there. You just did the radiator, expansion tank and heater core, now other weak areas are coming up.