2002-2006 Mini Cooper S (R53)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jump Start, Cranks but No Start!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 08:07 AM
Default Jump Start, Cranks but No Start!

My '05 S convertible sat for a few months and had a dead battery. Tried charging but the battery was so dead it wasn't charging, added jumper cables from Jeep and it would spin over but slowly. Decided the dead battery was killing voltage so it wasn't going to start like that. Replaced dead battery with brand new NAPA battery, now it spins but no start.

I can hear the fuel pump. The coil is recent MSD replacement and the car was running great prior to parking but now there's no spark. Yes, it's full of fuel. Checked all fuses and they are fine, even switched some relays around thinking one might be sticking but no start. I haven't put a light on an injector plug yet to see if it is getting a signal.

I reset the ECU thinking that might help but no luck. I'm wondering if the time spent with a totally dead battery or the jump starting has triggered the anti-theft system or killed an ignition component. I've done some searching but can't seem to find much beyond bad batteries and fuel pumps. Any ideas out there!? Thanks in advance!