Mini Cooper Forums - Mini Cooper Enthusiast Forums

Mini Cooper Forums - Mini Cooper Enthusiast Forums (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/)
-   2002-2006 Mini Cooper S (R53) (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/2002-2006-mini-cooper-s-r53-12/)
-   -   Purchasing a new MINI (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/2002-2006-mini-cooper-s-r53-12/purchasing-new-mini-2955/)

thorpie88 03-13-2010 10:31 AM

Purchasing a new MINI

hi ,

im very interested in buying a mini cooper S 02-05
im finding it very hard to find the right 1 theres that many options, extras and accessories to choose from ,
so i would much appreciate hearing from you to find out what i should go for and look out for as i keep looking for the right 1 , much appreciated

thanks

kyle

bad venge 03-13-2010 01:00 PM

much depends on what you want ...
there are really not that many options ...
Cold Weather package= Heated seats , heated headlight washers,
Premium Package = Dual pane sunroof
Automatic AC= set temp and forget it
Sport seats = more supportive seats
Automatic vs Manual tranny
Color options are a personal choice as is the roof color
Rim choices are about the same

thorpie88 03-14-2010 10:48 AM

hi bad venge thanks for the reply,
im going to be looking for manual i think
considering the options u just mentioned i wouldnt be to bothered whether it came with all them or not , do you think the chilli pack is a good extra to have ?
also wanted to ask regarding the mini:
the 02/03 versions seem to have 163 bhp
while the 04+ seem to have 170+ bhp
are the 04 + a newer version and if so whats the difference between them if there is any ?
would be great to hear back
thanks

kyle

bad venge 03-14-2010 12:55 PM

chilli pack do you mean cold weather package , yes I'd never have one without heated seats .. I love them to death , thats likely the only reason the 10' clubman came home the wife liked my heated seats so well , she test drove the clubman and fell in love

There was some refinements in the tune/superchargers but motors are pretty close to identical

Kit Samonte 03-15-2010 04:56 PM

I got an '06 Mini S Supercharged, 172hp loaded, front hood racing stripes,
4 days old wheels and tires 215/40/18, enkei wheels and Yokohama prada
tires, original wheels & tires will come with the deal. Extra clean, garage kept,
no dings, all originals with 22500 miles. Asking for $22,500

thorpie88 03-16-2010 02:43 PM

hmmm like it bad venge i bet your in love with your mini as well haha & thanks for being so helpful mate really helps , its just fining the rite one now im still on the lookout waiting for the rite 1 , only problem is i havent even had a testdrive of a mini yet but reading up on them i know il love it

kyle

MiGoCart 03-18-2010 11:06 PM

Test drive

You need to go and test drive the minis. That will help you figure out what you'd like rather than guessing. Drive more than 1 style. They are a blast. I've had mine for 4 years and really enjoy it. Ask the sales person, sometimes they own them and will tell you what they like best and what they should've included so you don't make the same mistake. Best of luck!