Mini Cooper Forums - Mini Cooper Enthusiast Forums

Mini Cooper Forums - Mini Cooper Enthusiast Forums (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/)
-   2002-2006 Mini Cooper S (R53) (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/2002-2006-mini-cooper-s-r53-12/)
-   -   These are poorly built cars, mines falling apart (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/2002-2006-mini-cooper-s-r53-12/these-poorly-built-cars-mines-falling-apart-423/)

kenlola 05-30-2007 03:49 PM

These are poorly built cars, mines falling apart

I have a 2003 red mini cooper s with 45,000 miles on the odometer. I have been to the dealer 9 times forunschedualed service. The car is now 2 months out of warrentee and they want over $4000.00 to fix the air conditioner and other items related to the air conditioner. As a Honda & Toyota owner I am shocked that BMW puts out such a piece ofyou know what. Speaking to other Mini owners at the dealership, most had poor reliability also. So beware, your cute, fun car, will probably fall apart also.Wake up BMW(insert old saying about low purchase price is ofset by poor quality. I would never buy a Mini again.

Ken

kenlola 06-04-2007 11:59 PM

RE: These are poorly built cars, mines falling apart

OOPS My car only has 42,000 miles on it not 45,000. Hay people, does anyone have a pulse out there. I just blasted the Mini a week ago and no one either agrees or disagrees. How is everone elses car holding up. It's not a forum if there is no dialog.

Ken

laird 06-17-2007 07:56 PM

So far I am very satisfied with my 'o3. The car was purchased with 35k on it and during the winter . The first thing that I noted was that the air did not work, This was a few months after ownning it. No problem, charged it and it is fine. I supose if I think it may be leaking I could tak a static charge, but so far everything is fine. It's a geat little car that I plan on taking on long trips.
One thing that strikes me funney, is people ask me if I feel insecure riding around in a small car. Absolutely not, this car can probably get me out of the unavoidable. But my question to these poeple when they ask me these questions is this...Its really not so much a question as soemthing to make them think. I ride a motorcyle Why would a small car bother me. I have not gotton an argument about it since. Lots of luck with your cooper, Alice. If something changes for the worse, I'll let you know.

Michel 06-22-2007 12:11 AM

Well... I think the best way to have a MINI Cooper S JCW is a 39 months lease! You keep it ortake an other one after... ;)

Justlooking 07-21-2007 12:01 AM

Hey Ken, i think the fact that theres been 400 some hits and only four responces to your rant says a lot about the rest of us Mini owners and how we feel about our cars... go B*@tch somewhere else!

poliveira87 12-19-2008 10:59 PM

I have an 03' Mini with 53,000 miles and I had the same exact problem with the air conditioner only a few months after getting it. I haven't fixed it yet (since I'm a student with no money ;) and now, today, my clutch gave out. It will cost $1,600. What a bummer and no, I'm not going to keep it. I love this car and it kills me to do it, but I can't keep replacing the transmission every couple thousand miles like other mini owners are complaining about. If I were you, I would trade it in, fast.
Good luck!

bad venge 12-20-2008 08:16 AM

Ken instead of whining and complaining to us go directly to Mini ... They hae been known to help owners out with good faith warranty extensions , or pick up the parts , or labor on needed repairs ... Certain things are very expensive on a mini , if you are out of warranty I'd think about buying an extended warranty ...

Nemesis 04-16-2009 04:33 PM

sorry ken

hey ken, it seems you havent taken very good care of your mini? i have a 2003 cooper s with well over 100k miles on it, with not one problem... maybe it's the owner not the car.

Endeavor 04-27-2009 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Nemesis (Post 5955)
hey ken, it seems you havent taken very good care of your mini? i have a 2003 cooper s with well over 100k miles on it, with not one problem....

Yeah right.
Give me a break. :rolleyes:

BumbleBee 05-19-2009 10:10 AM

I also have an 2003 MCS with 107,429mi with some good mods on eng no serious problems, expansion tank needed to be replaced and bad wheel speed sensor that kept trippin my ABS but thats it...Dont know about u guys but a little common sence and elbow grease will keep you out of the repair shop.