General Mini Cooper Talk Anything non-technical, but relating to the Mini can be discussed here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013-2016 Mini Paceman S 4All Lift?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 05:56 PM
Default 2013-2016 Mini Paceman S 4All Lift?

Okay... I haven't even driven one yet but before I do... And maybe fall in love... I have a few questions.

I've had some fun cars in my life. But I have moved out to the country and live in the back of a subdivision where I travel 2 miles down a somewhat maintained gravel road. When I built the house I had a 2002 BMW 325Xi that I had lowered a little bit when I lived on pavement. The suspension itself wasn't too bad but the gravel road ate the tires. 4 needed in thee space of a year. It gets dusty back here too. So my dreams of the perfect 1968 Camero SS isn't gonna happen. But I miss a fun ride! I got a great deal on a 2002 Ford Ranger with way low miles that looks brand new. I also have another truck... A 1993 Dodge Ram to haul big stuff around. But I miss a fun ride.

I started searching for something that looks sexy but could handle where I live. I thought Subaru, and I know they make great cars... But I keep hearing the Mini is so much fun to drive! I started thinking about a mild life. I looked online and fell in love the look of the mini with the M7Speed 2" lift. They have a front brush guard and a rear tire rack over the back. I've seen them also with roof racks and they just ooze sex appeal.

So...After that long-assed info I'll come to the point. I am thinking about a 2012-2016 Mini Paceman 4All S... Maybe a little something to spruce up the turbo and a 2" lift. I think I want the 6 speed manual transmission for the sheer fun. I don't do much rush-hour these days.

So a few questions...

- Are these good cars for a lift? Are there any inherent issues I should know? Specifically with the drive shafts now working at a different angle? M7Speed says they will "wear in" but that is usually code for "it wasn't built to do that!"

- What about other gremlins or known issues? I know the BMW world intimately... every sensor, window regulator, etc. What are the weak points with this car?

- I see some talk about rattle on cold starts and timing chain tensioners. What model years are pagued with those issues?

I'm just looking for what you think about the idea and if you think it would work well.

I appreciate your help!

Rick