Mini Cooper Forums - Mini Cooper Enthusiast Forums

Mini Cooper Forums - Mini Cooper Enthusiast Forums (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/)
-   Intake, Headers and Exhaust (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/intake-headers-exhaust-20/)
-   -   Headers for Mini Cooper S? (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/intake-headers-exhaust-20/headers-mini-cooper-s-129/)

ViViBoY 08-23-2005 12:09 PM

Headers for Mini Cooper S?

Hi guyz, I'm planning to fit header in my MCS. I found a header called Xforce and the design is 4-2-1. Is Xforce can give better header amongst the other brand? Or is there any recommendation about header in MCS???

:eek:

Best Regards,
ViViBoy

4gazm 08-23-2005 12:24 PM

RE: Headers for Mini Cooper S?

well from what i have seen on the market the Milltek header is bar non the best header out their, in construction and performance, a 4 into 1 pipe system flows into a Platinum-coated 200-cell German-made catalyst creates great flow for Maximum high end power they cost around $990 a bit pricey but you get what you pay for!!!

ViViBoY 08-23-2005 12:30 PM

Oh, i see. So, in your opinion, you would recommend 4-1 than 4-2-1? But, i dun understand what is the different between these two?? Do you mind to explain to me? Other than milltek, is there other header you would recommend?

4gazm 08-23-2005 03:39 PM

well im just posting on the headers that ive acually heard of and seen, most of the market uses tried and true parts that have been used by many people and dynoed and pute thrue the running

i know their are better parts out their but so few people have heard of them that you would be the pioneer in testing to see what it does for you, i can onley recomend what a large majority of people have used and go of their feedback and let you know what to expect from that part,
sometimes parts may be better for some cars but doenst work well for others, headers are a tricky game, you may loose all low end torque but get higer torque at higer speeds

so anybodies geuss ive never seen this header your talking about and have never seen it tested, so i have no idea what it can do, it may be a better header in designe but you may give up performance in a particular powerband

it really just comes down to what do you plan on doing with your car
total track or street

every mod you do, you want to work harmoniouse with the other
other than that !!

all is good i looked at the header on their web site and it looks good so antbodies geuss, the miltek is just a proven header that is trusted by many:)
the others create a weired sound from what ive heard so i dont know if this will do the same

ViViBoY 08-24-2005 04:07 AM

I see, Thanks gazm, u did give me good advice. I will take my time to research on header because i don't hope that after apply the header but the result is not what i want. However, i will still keep asking more people about MCS header. Thanks ..

Ryephile 09-06-2005 01:36 AM

Jackson racing and Mini Mania both have 4-2-1 headers. I've only heard the Mania, and it's sound quality was rather harsh and shrill, certainly not a good thing to my ears. The Milltek header, as 4gazm mentioned, seems to be the top-shelf header out there. It has a high-flow catalytic converter, so it won't smoke out people behind you [a good thing]. OBX also makes a partial header, in that you have to weld on the stock cat to the collector. The upside of that is it's cheap, and has shown gains on the dyno. In all, an aftermarket header will make your MINI louder, and should give a few HP from it's reduced restriction.