PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Autocross/Street Bilstein coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 03:49 PM
Default Autocross/Street Bilstein coilovers

B14/PSS lowering kit with platform adjusters for both front and rear springs. complete with a spare set of new suspension bolts. All higher rate springs and adjusters are 100% new and unused.
One could use the same kit on all chassis that use F56 parts like the JCW.
Will NOT fit earlier than Gen3 cars.

Everything is either brand new or like-new. Only ran my last 2 solo events and about 2k street miles on the shocks.

Truly loved the car at solos and on the street (Especially after adding these shocks). Sold the MINI because we installed a 12 kW solar system on our house and wanted a plug in hybrid for our retirement years.

While I was interested in preparing for stock class SCCA autocross, I didn't want to ruin the street ride quality, so added 2 expensive valving options to make this a spectacular suspension for the street as well.

This set of shocks improved the car from mediocre to insanely fast in a slalom. One of my competitors commented "goes through a slalom like an STX class instead of a street class MINI"

This is a Bilstein full suspension coil-over kit that sold for approximately $1300 before the engineering analysis and custom valving. Total cost to me was over $4600.

The valving consists not only of added low piston velocity digressive damping in compression and rebound ($325 ea. front, $275 ea. rear) but also higher bump frequency ripple control (+$110 ea. shock) for increased grip and the very expensive KBO option as well (+$400 each shock). KBO allows for "kerb blow-off" damping when the shock sees a large sharp bump like a curbing on a race track or a large bump on a street.

I also paid for separate consultation time with Fat Cat Motorsports previous to the re-valving as well as buying several sets of new MINI bolts for the installation.

This kit was used with stock springs on a 2015 MINI Cooper S automatic hardtop in SCCA D-street (stock) class. 2nd highest PAX score at one event on very grippy concrete. This whole package using the adjusters and higher rate spring with these shocks would probably be ideal for an STX class 3d Gen MINI.

Note that the rear spring height adjusters go under the springs while the shocks remain separate. I have custom machined front spring seats for stock springs available separately so that all stock springing can be run with these shocks for SCCA street(stock class).

Sell for 50% of what it cost me: $2300
Located N. AZ Mountain standard time

Attached Thumbnails Autocross/Street Bilstein coilovers-dscf6191.jpg  

Last edited by Sigfried; 03-24-2018 at 03:51 PM.