07-up MINI Cooper/Cooper S (R56)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 mini cooper s turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 09:19 AM
Default 07 mini cooper s turbo

Hi, I just recently got this mini and have an issue I hope someone can help me with.

When I go to crank it, it keeps going dead. If I try to give it gas it will not rev up and will go dead as well as backfire out the tail pipe. I have cleaned the map sensor, and changed the throttle body.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Cherry

Old 04-29-2018, 07:13 PM

April 29 post and reply. I join the forum today to search for the same problem. My 2007 R56 Mini Cooper S: when I start it won't rev right away.. need a minute or two to warm up and then on occasion backfire (one or two pops) when slowing on 3rd gear mainly.

I've replace the vacuum pump and wastegate recently and had a local mini shop tune the wastegate but still no success with the sluggishness and back fire. The shop told me the also "smoke" tested all my vac lines for leaks.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 04-30-2018, 03:42 PM

Hello, I have yet to fix my problem as well. Changed the throttle body, and the crankshaft sensor. The lady i bought it from said the ignigiotion coil and plugs are less than a year old.

Old 05-02-2018, 06:24 PM

I'm not sure if this will help.. but I've had similar issues but I was noticing that it was misfiring and causing bangs. My coil packs were dead. on cylinder 3. I replaced all 4 with brand new ones and 2 weeks later the mini cooked coil pack #2 so it started doing the same thing. If you are not feeling or hearing the car misfire check the injectors could be causing issues.

Old 05-04-2018, 10:54 AM

Thank you for you response. Whatever it was has completely gone out. I have it in the shop right now.

Old 05-07-2018, 04:08 PM

Hello, from Texas. I replace all four coils and fuel injectors. Also replaced the vacuum switch / relay and vacuum pump, vacuum hose from the rear of the engine to vacuum pump and turbo, waste. I had a local shop reset the wastegate and checked my vacuum lines.

Every since I got it out of the shop from start up the car hesitates and when the accelerator is pressed it doesn't rev. After a few minutes the problem seems to resolve itself and the car runs fine. I'm still not sure the turbo actually boosts when accelerating however that is not my current main issue.

Why does it have problems running at start up, not rev at start up.. and the problem goes away after warmed up??

I look forward to the reply from cdrake7266.... what the shop determines is the problem. Or, any other viewers.. I'd appreciate your reply. I'm trying to fix this myself.

Thank you.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:17 AM

Hi, my mini is still in the shop, they started with fixing all vacuum hoses, the throttle body, crankshaft sensor and the O2 senseor on bottom has been replaced an still doing the same thing. Will let you know if they figure it out...lol

Old 05-15-2018, 12:38 PM

It might be a High Pressure Fuel Pump. it is a known issue to MINI. there should be codes generated or they should have the right diagnostic tools to read the modules. guessing game usually cost money!

Old 05-15-2018, 12:46 PM

Hello, i have fixed my problem. It was my High Pressure Fuel Pump....

Thank you all for your input.

Old 05-15-2018, 12:48 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by Minitobe
It might be a High Pressure Fuel Pump. it is a known issue to MINI. there should be codes generated or they should have the right diagnostic tools to read the modules. guessing game usually cost money!

Hi it was my High Pressure Fuel Pump... I fixed it last weekend,, Thank you Tho for you response

Quick Reply: 07 mini cooper s turbo