Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can’t reprogram turn signal for 3 blink lane change

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2020, 11:53 AM
RJA
Default Can’t reprogram turn signal for 3 blink lane change

Re: R56 2012 Mini Cooper S.

I’m stumped. My “soft” turn signal action (for a Lane change) only blinks once. You are supposed to able to use the “BC” button (for computer changes) to make it blink 3 times. The following link is to the official MINI video on this setting:

https://www.google.com/search?client...aztQbh36DYAw22

Following this dedicated short Official Mini video is OK until I get to the “Set/Info” step. When that is displayed and then doing a long press, “SET” doesn’t come up (as in the video). Rather, “:CHECK-INFO” is displayed. Grrrr. Thus I can’t follow the steps after "SET" to the Key icon to change the lane change blinks. Rather, doing anything after "CHECK-INFO" is displayed only results in “HOME” and some other stuff. I find myself in a cyber cul-de-sac, unable to just see the "SET" displayed and to then unable to get to the lane change routine.

Any hints? Thanks.

Old 05-13-2020, 04:36 PM
RJA

Well, I finally got it reconfigured for 3 blinks. It wasn't easy. And not sure I can give any good hints on how I did it. The online video isn't really any help and the owners manual is equally confusing. All I know is you keep hitting the damn button, short taps and /or Long Pushes until something comes up with a familiar icon. At least the manual shows the icons so you have some idea of which one does what you want. Once you stmble on to the one you want, you have to then decide, "Jez. One tap or a long one." Hang in there and keep on hitting the damn thing 'til you get the results you want. What a nightmare of less than intuitive programing. And I'm usually good at this sort of thing. But not this obtuse SET/INFO routine is pretty bad.