07-up MINI Cooper/Cooper S (R56)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check Engine light , No Code

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 06:22 PM
Default Check Engine light , No Code

I have a 2007 Mini Cooper S R56 with 114,000 miles.
My check engine light comes on when rev hits about 4500 rpm.
I have a MAtco OBD scanner and it displays "No Code"
I clear the code and its fine until I punch it past 4500rpm, light comes on.
Car runs perfect otherwise, no issues at all.
I have replaced the gas cap with an OEM cap, replaced both O2 Sensors, new NGK plugs, cleaned the MAF and TB. checked all clamps and connectors, ran fuel system cleaner, pulled cam cover and checked cam chain and tensioner, looks fine. I only use 93 Octane.
Any Ideas????

Old 04-12-2016, 11:46 AM

What are the other symptoms? Does it seem to struggle when you hit those RPM's? You need to get a BMW/MINI specific code reader as most generic code readers cannot read manufacture level codes. You can use something like the Carly App if you do not wish to purchase a MINI specific scan tool. You need to read the code to diagnose what the issue is as just throwing parts at it wont fix it, especially if those are unrelated to what is going on.

Old 04-12-2016, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
What are the other symptoms? Does it seem to struggle when you hit those RPM's? You need to get a BMW/MINI specific code reader as most generic code readers cannot read manufacture level codes. You can use something like the Carly App if you do not wish to purchase a MINI specific scan tool. You need to read the code to diagnose what the issue is as just throwing parts at it wont fix it, especially if those are unrelated to what is going on.
Thanks,
Car runs perfect, no issues At all just the light coming on.
I'll check out the Carly app, the gas cap was cracked and needed to be replaced. The O2 sensors were original and also needed replacing.

Old 04-12-2016, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by texasbaehr
Thanks,
Car runs perfect, no issues At all just the light coming on.
I'll check out the Carly app, the gas cap was cracked and needed to be replaced. The O2 sensors were original and also needed replacing.
Definitely use that and plug in to see what you find. Only other thing I'd suggest until you pull a code(s), and this should be done every 50k on the N14 R56 S, is a carbon clean up. Have you had the intake ports and valves cleaned ever? Most of the time you'd have other symptoms with carbon build up such as rough idle, poor acceleration, stalling or single to multiple cylinder misfires, but if it hasn't been done I'd be curious to how much build up your valves have.