07-up MINI Cooper/Cooper S (R56)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cooper S versus Honda Civic Si ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Default Cooper S versus Honda Civic Si ?

Hi everyone- I am new to the forum. I am considering a Mini Cooper S and also a Honda Civic Si. I currently drive an Acura RSX Type S, so I guess I am most familiar with Honda and the high-rev VTEC engine. Was loking for comments regarding the Cooper S regarding (1) fun to drive, (2) quickness and handling, (3) build quality, (4) quality of 6-speed. LOVE the looks of the Mini, so I don't need to be sold on that. Would especially appreciate comments from anyone who has driven both, and why you opted for the Mini. Have not yet had the opportunity to test drive the Cooper S. (The Civic Si was a blast.) Thanks a lot. Looking to buy in January when I am done with this Army mobilization, so I guess I will be looking at a 2009. One more Q- if you want to get the bonnet stripes, do you have to special order the car or something? Thanks.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Default RE: Cooper S versus Honda Civic Si ?

Also coming from the Honda/Civic community the MINI is more fun, quicker and better handling, build quality is right up there, and the 6-speed is one of the leading brands in the world. Once you test drive one you'll get it. The bonnet stripes can be added to any order or put on at a dealership or body shop, they're just vinyl.

Old 10-13-2008, 07:55 PM

I have driven both the Honda is a great car . However compaired to my 07 MCS the Honda is numb and sloppy and slow. The Mini is a hoot

John

Old 10-23-2008, 10:40 PM

Ive race many si 's they are slow they just rev high. My friend had an 2008 si it in the junkyard now after rolling 3 times. MCS all the way!!!