07-up MINI Cooper/Cooper S (R56)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! 4th time at dealership and still no solution!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Default Help! 4th time at dealership and still no solution!

I bought a 2008 Mini Cooper about two and a half months ago. It was still pretty new (22k miles on it) and there were only a few problems that were quickly fixed by the dealership. The one thing that has increasingly gotten worse over time has been the transmission.

The problem is when I press the gas and then let off, it really jerks. Also, it sometimes acts as though its going to stall. All of this only happens when Im in lower gear (did I mention its automatic?)

I have since taken it to the dealer three times for these issues and they still have not figured out whats wrong with it. They keep telling me its the computer adjusting to how I drive and everytime they re-set it and it seems to get worse. The last time I took it in, I drove it home and then when I stopped at a drive though, the vehicle actually stalled on me... I immediatley took it back to have them attempt to fix it again- and thats where I am now, and they are running a PUMA case on it. Any ideas what may be going on?

Old 01-06-2011, 11:14 PM

does it do it when its in sport mode?

Old 01-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Default Similar Problems

Hello. I had similar issues and number of trips to the dealer. First they cleaned out carbon and replaced head gasket, then they replaced fuel injector, then they replaced the computer, then they replaced the wiring harness deciding that it must be a communication problem caused by bad wiring somewhere. This was all in cylinder 4. Apparently cylinder 4 is now fine. Cylinder 1's spark plug just went bad and caused similar problems which they now just replaced. Hopefully the problem will not return. Be persistent with the dealer while it's under warranty.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:51 AM

have them llok at fuel pump....not enough pressure could make it stall too.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Angry Same Problem!

I have taken my mini 2007 basic model back and forth to the dealer every 3 months for the last year and a half for THE SAME PROBLEM! They said it was a mis-fire, then it was somthing else, then they couldn't find anything wrong with it, then they changed out the computer system and it lasted 6 months this last time instead of three. Now it's doing it again. It starts out with the RPMs bouncing. It will do that for a few weeks, then I'll get on the highway to go to work and as soon as I come to a stop, the car stalls. I'm getting so sick of going back and forth. I put high test gas in it, which everyone knows is VERY EXPENSIVE now, but I put it in there because that's what is required for this car. I really think I'm going to contact an attorney this time and inquire about the lemon law because this is getting ridiculous.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:39 AM

Is the transmission a CVT or regulat automatic?