07-up MINI Cooper/Cooper S (R56)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jerks and Hesitates @2300rpm

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 06:29 PM
Default Jerks and Hesitates @2300rpm

Hello fellow cooper owners! It's my first post! I just bought an '08 base. The seller told me that it coded a P0101 which is a mass air flow sensor issue. I ordered one and it still jerks @ 2300rpm. I've still yet to clean out the valves and throttle body. Any suggestions?
Also, the tilt phase of the sunroof as it rises is bumpy and won't rise unless I give it some help with my hand. I lubed the channels and pivot points with grease but to no avail. Any thoughts on this will be helpful.
Glad to be here and excited about my new ride. Can't wait to get it on the open road!

Old 04-13-2018, 07:16 PM

sunroof glass may need to be adjusted. or the cassette is messed up and needs a new sunroof. inside the car if you reach up there's 6 t40 bolts i believe. the bolts are on the left and right side of the glass. for the front and rear glass. you loosen all of them just a tad so the glass can be adjusted. the front part of the front glass needs to be like 1mm under the roof. the front of the rear glass must be like .5-1mm under the rear of the front glass. and the rear part of the rear glass you can push it up as high as it goes without pushing the actual track up. that should be properly adjusted. and if it still does that or the sunroof wont adjust, you most likely need a new assembly. good luck, have fun.

Old 04-13-2018, 07:20 PM

Good to know. Thx 4 the info. I'll give it a shot. If you know of any solutions to my engine issues, let me know.

Old 04-13-2018, 07:29 PM

possibility of a vacuum leak? that could set that kind of code. is it an OEM MAF sensor? check the wiring to the MAF sensor that it's not chewed up or corroded connector. those are starting points.