07-up MINI Cooper/Cooper S (R56)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manual 07' Mini Cooper S

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 06:42 PM
Default Manual 07' Mini Cooper S

Hi there!
I'm considering buying a manual 2007 Mini Cooper S, so me and my boyfriends brother(who's licensed to work on cars, works at a dealership and has been trained to appraise cars) went to test drive it. There was a little clicking noise when it was in idle. We drove it and took it on the freeway and as soon as we hit 60mph the check engine light came on. It still ran fine and it didn't feel like anything was wrong, no power loss or anything. When we parked, you could hear the clicking noise more clearly but it calmed down after a little bit. He said he's not sure what it is, but he thinks it might be an exhaust valve. I'm planning on taking it to a shop to have it checked before I buy it and see what's wrong with it but I just wanted to be a little informed before I go in. Any one else have a problem like this or know what it might be?? I really want a mini cooper and would like to be able to fix it up if its feasible.

Old 10-28-2016, 09:04 PM

I wanted one, too, but my 09 JCW Clubman became more of a project car than many folks would be comfy sinking parts & repair money into. Net result on mine is that it needs a little more work, but drives like a traffic ticket waiting to happen.

Don't rely on some goober who's a friend of a friend to give you a buncha 'maybes' about it. Take it to an actual dealer - they can access any dealer maintenance done on it anywhere in the world.

Old 10-28-2016, 09:20 PM

Ah, I'm sorry to hear that man. :\ The thing is, I'm not really relying on his word about it but considering he works at a dealership as a salesman, and can take the vin in to actually check it out and see anything recorded on it. He's licensed to work on cars but I know he's not certified in Minis, so I'm definitely taking it into the shop to get it checked out and fingers crossed that it's not a big amount to fix, cause aside from that noise the cars in good condition. As long as it's feasible and the car lasts me a few years that's all i'm looking for. I appreciate your input tho, definitely gotta think seriously about this. Thanks☺️