07-up MINI Cooper/Cooper S (R56)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help someone I’m lost fault code 2848

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2022, 06:25 PM
Default Please help someone I’m lost fault code 2848

Hi I have a error code 2848 relating to fuel pressure I have had the diagnostic on the fuel pressure side and have no readings. I have checked the fuel pressure at 70 psi and checked the three wires to the fuel pressure sensor and have ground 12 and positive 5v and 5v. I have no change when it is plugged into the sensor. New fuel sensor also purchased. I have also had another ecu thinking it was that by having no diagnostic data. The car runs but stinks of fuel and has black dry soot coming out the back we’re the fuel sensor is not doing it’s job. The car is driving me crazy. When the trouble first started the car cut out dead and would not start. I’m wondering if I have a dodgy in tank fuel pump that works then not works.

Old 06-14-2022, 08:06 PM

I'm not exactly sure why you're looking at fuel pressure. I looked up your trouble code and found this.

P2848 Mini Possible Solution:

Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) Out of Self Test Range Indicates the VSS input signal is out of Self Test range. If the PCM detects a VSS input signal any time during Self Test, a DTC P1501 will be set and the test will abort. Noisy VSS input signal from Radio Frequency Interference/ Electro-Magnetic Interference (RFI/EMI) external sources such as ignition wires, charging circuit or after market equipment. Check for VSS input to be 0 mph when vehicle transmission is in Park.

P2848 Mini Trouble Repair :OBD 2 P2848 Mini code and tailpipe testing are two different approaches to identify vehicles in need of repair. The OBD system looks for broken or malfunctioning emissions control components while tailpipe tests sample a vehicle's exhaust to see if it is above or below certain prescribed limits. Given the robust nature of today's emissions control components, it is entirely possible for an individual component to malfunction without leading to an immediate increase in emissions at the tailpipe. In such cases, other components (like the catalyst) can temporarily compensate for the part that is broken however, these other components can only do double duty for so long before they, too, begin to malfunction. Because of its ability to monitor individual components, OBD is able to give motorists an early warning that repairs are needed; it is because of this early warning capability that OBD will sometimes fail vehicles that would otherwise pass a tailpipe test.
I would suggest looking at the VSS sensor output to ensure you're getting the right value from the sensor. If your locale does emission testing as part of the license plate renewal, you could also take your car there to have the tailpipe measured.

Was the sooty exhaust with the new or old ECU? It sounds to me that the system is dumping a load of fuel into the motor and it's struggling to keep up.

Old 07-11-2023, 09:58 AM
Default Mini Cooper s 2008 R56. Fault code

Hi I’ve had a problem with my Mini Cooper s at the moment it’s been to garage to garage and I’m having this fault code 2848 below with description of fault code from garage Delphi system, they had to recode the car as we thought it was a module fault and now I’ve changed the fuel pressure regulator pressure sensor three times and still same fault code but before the garage recoded the car it showed a fuel pressure regulator fault, it runs and is in limp mode with light on centre clock and black smoke is coming out the back and the engine bay smells of fuel could anyone please guide me on what I can do next.
kind regards Callum

Old 07-14-2023, 03:45 PM
Platinum Sponsor

Did you get the correct part, two versions.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...uy-a-rail.html