07-up MINI Cooper/Cooper S (R56)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to Mount EZ Pass (and Store Sunglasses)?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2020, 11:57 AM
Default Where to Mount EZ Pass (and Store Sunglasses)?

After six long months of waiting—BMW had to re-make our car since it was recalled soon after it was shipped to us—we finally have our 2021 MINI Cooper Countryman SE safe at home in her garage. Now come the tiny little details that I hadn't considered and I'd love some advice:

1) We will need an EZ Pass to be mounted on our windshield inside the car; near us we use the "EZ Pass Flex", which allows us to travel on HOV lanes free so long as we have the requisite number of passengers, but the EZ Pass needs to be toggled on/off in order to ensure we're communicating the right information to the toll authorities. As you probably know, the Countryman rearview mirror is mounted so that there's a very solid obstruction in the middle of the windshield, making it impossible to mount the EZ Pass so it visually disappears behind the rearview mirror (as I have in my other cars). So I think I have two choices: (a) mount it to the left of the rear view mirror, in the portion of the windshield with black dots, or (b) mount it just underneath the rearview mirror's "stem", which seems really, really low to me. What have others done? What's the right solution?

2) My other cars have a "pop down" tray in the roof which holds the driver's sunglasses. No such place in our new MINI. Where do you store your sunglasses in your car?

Oh, BTW, here's a photo of our new girl at her new home. Note the Level 2 charger we've had ready for her since the summer.... so glad to have our MINI at last!