2002-2006 Mini Cooper S (R53)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Bags Not Deploying

Old 05-29-2019, 05:42 PM
Default Air Bags Not Deploying

Hello,

I took my 2006 Mini Cooper S into the dealership because my airbag warning light had been on for awhile, and I found out it was covered under the recall for the airbag sensor. A few weeks after I took it in the airbag warning light in the center console came back on. I took my mini back in to see if there was something wrong with the sensor they replaced, and they told me that airbag sensor is fine, but there is something wrong with the airbags regarding the battery cable, and that my airbags won't deploy if I get into a head on accident. They quoted me $1500 to fix the problem. I don't usually trust dealerships because I have never had a good experience with them. So far I have found Audi and Mini dealerships quote me on issues that other mechanics can't seem to find. So I'm wondering if this is another one of those issues. I'm taking my car to an independent Mini mechanic later this week to get a second opinion, but I am curious if anyone else has dealt with this issue with the airbags not deploying because of an issue with the battery cable?

Old 06-27-2019, 09:44 AM

Well what happened?