Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Books on CD?! Hey, What the?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 04:46 PM
Default Books on CD?! Hey, What the?!?!?

I thought I was losing my mind - why was my book on CD repositioning itself every time I got into the Clubman? Well, it seems that once the car is turned off for awhile, the CD player positions itself at the prior beginning of the track!? I have never heard of such a thing. I've been listening to books on CD for many years and never have had this problem.

So I called Motor City Mini - and I didn't receive a response, so I assume that this is unable to be fixed?!

Plus, I've noticed that the volume is adjusting itself down when the car is powered down, also. Puh-leeze - this is MY CAR and if I want it blasting that's my problem. Actually since books on CD are listening intense, I have to crank the volume up quite a bit, and it's irritating to have to keep adjusting the volume while trying to find the spot in the track where I left off the silly book! More than just irritating, to be honest...

It seems that there are so many electronics in this vehicle, yet this can't be changed? I want a new radio!

Has anyone else had this feeling or experienced this problem?

Why didn't my son tell me this before I bought this car? I love the car!! Just hate the dang radio!

Old 06-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Default RE: Books on CD?! Hey, What the?!?!?

Get an Ipod for audio books work so much better than cds. There are all sorts of volume controls on the radio that adjust for speed. Just keep playing with it. As for the track reset for an audio cd great idea, for a book not so much.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:46 PM
Default RE: Books on CD?! Hey, What the?!?!?

I was afraid someone would say that. What it means is that I would have to put 10 CDs at a time on my computer (average length of a book on CD, I'd say), then burn them to the iPod...then fool around with the darn thing. When I already have the CDs and the CD player...ARGH...

As far as the volume control goes, it seems to adjust itself every time I turn the CD player on and off, independent of speed. A pain, but I can live with it. The CD player on the other hand.....