Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Need help picking subs.

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 08:53 PM
Default Need help picking subs.

I own a countryman cooper, and i was wonder what sub/amp you guys would recommend. Also a cap is neccesary? Please name exact subs/amp.
thankyou

Old 03-13-2013, 02:29 PM

I have an 06 cooperS and i've been toying with the idea of adding a sub as well. I know your countryman is a little bigger but with any of the Mini's i would say that bigger is probably not better. I've been considering a few options. A small 8" sub in a small box in the back with a small amp probably under one of the seats.

Another solution i saw depending on how much you're looking to spend was a custom setup. It was basically a shallow box that housed both a shallow mount subwoofer and the amp. It took up the whole "trunk" but was only about 4inches tall so there was still room to set things on top of it. I really thought about this one but it was a bit expensive so i'm kinda working on a version of that on my own.

My brother did however have one of those bazooka bass tubes in his protege awhile back and it worked pretty well. it saved on space by not requiring another amp.

there are multiple solutions to this unfortunately.
as far as brands myself i've never had a subwoofer or Amp that wasn't a Rockford Fosgate. But I know that MTX has some great subs. A good website to check out for car audio stuff is crutchfield.com they also have always been great at answering any question i've had for them.

hope this helps. i realize i'm pretty late on this one though.