General Mini Cooper Talk Anything non-technical, but relating to the Mini can be discussed here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07/08 cooper S vs 08 GTI

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 09:00 AM
Default 07/08 cooper S vs 08 GTI

so i currently drive a 2006 jetta tdi. and mpg is awesome... But, I am left daily wanting a quicker and faster car. I recently had a chance to drive a friends 07 gti 6 speed manual and this car was fast close ratio gearing was unlike anything i have ever tryed the front suspension was spot on. rear suspension definetly needs some improvement but overall car driver feed back was good. I however have not had a chance to drive an 07/08 cooper S but im told they are much faster than gti's? I assume this is due to the overallpower to weight ratio and the lower stance of the cooper.

From what little investigation i have found that the 07/08 S is now turbo charged vs supercharged. so much greater power potential should be avalible on the aftermarket world but i cant seem to find anything for the coopers' for aftermarket performance. I know it is out there, it has to be but where???

so if anyone could please help a possible futiure cooper driver andpush me into the direction of:
1) some cooper performance sites
2) personal experiance with performance mods'
3) your opinion on the coopers vs gti
4) and any otherinputthat you feel is needed thank you very much

Old 10-20-2007, 10:26 AM
Default RE: 07/08 cooper S vs 08 GTI

alright somone has to post me some leads quick because im finding things that are turning me away quick. for example dinan $5100. to get a hair over 205 hp and 180 tq to the wheels im thinking that the APR big turbo up grade for 5k puts down 350 hp and 380 tq hmmm some one help me lean toward mini please.