General Mini Cooper Talk Anything non-technical, but relating to the Mini can be discussed here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Countryman: flat load floor

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 10:53 AM
Default Countryman: flat load floor

Hello. I have some questions about the flat load floor or other available flooring for the Countryman, when the back seats are folded down. Generally, I want one that is dog-friendly, particularly in regard to the gaps in the floor surface and through which Fido can step and injure himself or lose his balance.

I probably should have investigated the Countryman's dog-friendliness prior to buying it. I am particularly disappointed with the large gaps that appear when the rear seats are folded down. The worst gaps are between the interior of the rear doors and the door-sides of the rear seats. When riding in cars, dogs naturally gravitate toward the open rear windows to stick their heads out. In the Countryman, the gaps I describe above are very large and are where the dogs' front paws should be resting on a solid surface.

My questions include:

1. What's the best floor out there, and who is the vendor?

2. Does the floor you identify completely cover the gap between the rear doors and the sides of the folded-down rear seats? Does is cover the other caps in the floor surface, as well?

Thanks,
Bruce
Fresno, Caliornia