General Mini Cooper Talk Anything non-technical, but relating to the Mini can be discussed here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FFN and Ocean's 13 Rallys

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2020, 10:04 AM
Default FFN and Ocean's 13 Rallys

It's official! In July, our Santa Monica Sports Car Club is going to start having fun
with our cars again. Many of us have really missed First Friday Niter Rallies and longer
Saturday events over the last three months, so we are doing both next month. The July
3rd event will use some fantastic twisty stretches of pavement and get us to Moorpark in
about 90 minutes and about 50 miles of driving.

The July 18th event will literally take us to the clouds on mountain roads that have to
be seen to be believed. On our checkout run, I could not get the smile off my face as I
looked one way at the view across the ocean to Santa Catalina Island and the other way
to Santa Ynez Canyon. This tour course is about 140 miles long, so electric cars can
join us for this adventure, too. We have found restaurants that are open for lunch and
afternoon meals and practice Covid safe distancing.

Both events will double the fun by using the Richta Competitor Rally app on your smart
phone to handle scoring. That means no stopping at checkpoints, no control cards and
instant scores showing up on your phone. There are electric charging stations within a
few miles of the start and finish of both events. Bring your face mask and your own pen
so you don't have to share. Please go to SMSCC.ORG for more information. We are
sponsored by SCCA.

Old 06-22-2020, 08:21 PM

Change in plan! The July 3rd FFN will end in Santa Clarita.