General Mini Cooper Talk Anything non-technical, but relating to the Mini can be discussed here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Mini Service Experience

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 08:03 AM
Default First Mini Service Experience

Our 2017 wasn't ready for scheduled service but the one of the run-flat tires got a screw in it. I called our local dealership (Ft. Myers) who was not the dealership where we purchased from. They said bring it right in, which I did.

I was extremely impressed with the dealership and service, not so much with these new run-flat tires. The screw was toward the outside of the tread so the tire was trashed. I didn't have the extra road hazard warranty so I had to pay for a new tire. But the experience at the dealership was extremely good. They put my fob in a docking station to check me in. It told them exactly when my Mini would need the next service and if there were any recent recalls. When they were finished replacing the tire I got a text on my phone with the bill even though I was in the waiting room. I settled up and when I went out to my car found that they had not only washed it but vacuumed the inside as well. It almost makes you look forward to taking it in for servicing!

Old 10-16-2017, 01:22 PM
Platinum Sponsor

Thats great to hear, yes the first thing most people do is get rid of the runflats and get a much smoother ride.

Old 10-16-2017, 05:31 PM

I am absolutely getting rid of the run-flats. I was lucky my salesman was a real Mini fan, he owns a couple and that is all he drives. He checked under the back and discovered that mine came with a mounted spare, so there is no reason in my opinion to keep these things. I'm going to wait until closer to 10,000 miles and then dump them.