General Mini Cooper Talk Anything non-technical, but relating to the Mini can be discussed here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Can't read the speedometer!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 06:51 PM
Default Help! Can't read the speedometer!

My husband and I picked up our Mini on Halloween. He drove it home and was very upset with it. He set the steering wheel to the most comfortable level but now cannot read the speedometer because it is obstructed by the steering wheel. I couldn't either but I am a bit more flexible and moved the steering wheel and have gotten used to. I can see up to 70mph.

We have the on board computer option which moved the speedometer and odometer behind the steering wheel. We asked the dealer if anyone has had this problem and they claim that they have never heard of this. Does anyone know if there is anything we can do? The digital read out for the average speed is there so we asked if it can read the actual speed. So far they said no without hesitation but I am pushing the issue. I have an appointment for the dealer to look at it. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 11-18-2006, 12:27 AM
Default RE: Help! Can't read the speedometer!

I don't think I can help. We don't have the nav system, so the only thing on the steering colum is the tach and the computer. Our computer reads out both actual speed and ave. speed. Are you sure your computer doesn't read out actual speed? However, I can understand why not.

Old 11-18-2006, 01:20 PM
Default RE: Help! Can't read the speedometer!

We don't have the navigation system either. The gas gauge, oil gauge, temp gauge is on the dash. I am pretty sure that the digitial read out doesn't have the actual speed because I asked my sales guy. I am hoping he is wrong.