General Mini Cooper Talk Anything non-technical, but relating to the Mini can be discussed here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HI new member looking for advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 06:49 AM
Default HI new member looking for advice

I have the 2002 5 speed manual 1.6L non s cooper so far Ihave done of lot of cosmetic work and get lots of compliments all day look looks pretty sweet has a good sounding exhaust system its fairly quick but I want to do more but my previous car knowledge from my older cars like my old 77 Pontiac firebird with a chevy 305 lots of room in there to work on your engine this thing looks like you need to be a plumber. I have added a tornado supercharge to the air intake which gives it a little more pep and a a little better millage I also m adding a mindblower fuel maximiser performance module that ties into the ift sensor it claims to give you about 35 more horse and a little better millage since supreme gas is expensive and I occasionally add 108 octane booster which seems to make it happier I am a veteran on disability every dollar counts. I am also looking at a catback exhaust system not sure how that might effect the performance and thinking about a going to a 6 speed manual again not positive how that might help I am hungry for knowledge and want to make it faster and faster one odd thing about mine, my mpg seems to increase when I am doing at least 80mph can anyone give me advice or suggestions maybe a little help would be greatly appreceated.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:53 AM

I have the 2002 5 speed manual 1.6L non s cooper so far Ihave done of lot of cosmetic work and get lots of compliments all day look looks pretty sweet has a good sounding exhaust system its fairly quick but I want to do more but my previous car knowledge from my older cars like my old 77 Pontiac firebird with a chevy 305 lots of room in there to work on your engine this thing looks like you need to be a plumber. I have added a tornado supercharge to the air intake which gives it a little more pep and a a little better millage I also m adding a mindblower fuel maximiser performance module that ties into the ift sensor it claims to give you about 35 more horse and a little better millage since supreme gas is expensive and I occasionally add 108 octane booster which seems to make it happier I am a veteran on disability every dollar counts. I am also looking at a catback exhaust system not sure how that might effect the performance and thinking about a going to a 6 speed manual again not positive how that might help I am hungry for knowledge and want to make it faster and faster one odd thing about mine, my mpg seems to increase when I am doing at least 80mph can anyone give me advice or suggestions maybe a little help would be greatly appreceated.