General Mini Cooper Talk Anything non-technical, but relating to the Mini can be discussed here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hoping to buy 2010 Mayfair

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2021, 06:27 PM
Smile Hoping to buy 2010 Mayfair

Can anyone help with what I should look out for. I am on east coast Mini has 144,000 miles but looks in great shape and well maintained . Owner drived alot I am only going to joy ride until all checked out. Code says it needs a maf sencor but drives correctly ?
Thanks in Advance
Skip

Old 09-07-2021, 01:12 AM

Hi,
if it drives and looks good depending on the price go for it,get a price locally to replace the maf sensor and get the buyer to reduce the price,I would advise against them having it replaced as they may just clear the fault code,if they inthey insist get a receipt for the part and fitting,has been known for the part not to be fitted and code cleared,if no labor cost beware,other than that,get the oil and filter changed,get the thermostat and gasket changed,if no rattle from the timing chain you should be all good,don't run the car low on fuel as it makes the fuel pump overheat and fail,rum on quality fuel.may seem expensive but you look at the cost per tank between poor fuel and good fuel,it works out about $10 per tank extra,in other words a coffee and snack,any other questions please feel free to ask.no such thing as a dumb question just dumb answers.you will have great fun and big smiles if you buy a mini,if not this 1 find another,good luck please keep me posted.

Old 09-07-2021, 05:10 AM
Default Thanks

Originally Posted by Nzr56coopers
Hi,
if it drives and looks good depending on the price go for it,get a price locally to replace the maf sensor and get the buyer to reduce the price,I would advise against them having it replaced as they may just clear the fault code,if they inthey insist get a receipt for the part and fitting,has been known for the part not to be fitted and code cleared,if no labor cost beware,other than that,get the oil and filter changed,get the thermostat and gasket changed,if no rattle from the timing chain you should be all good,don't run the car low on fuel as it makes the fuel pump overheat and fail,rum on quality fuel.may seem expensive but you look at the cost per tank between poor fuel and good fuel,it works out about $10 per tank extra,in other words a coffee and snack,any other questions please feel free to ask.no such thing as a dumb question just dumb answers.you will have great fun and big smiles if you buy a mini,if not this 1 find another,good luck please keep me posted.
Thanks That is some great advice