General Mini Cooper Talk Anything non-technical, but relating to the Mini can be discussed here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help Deciding on Features!! PLZ

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Default Need Help Deciding on Features!! PLZ

Hi all, I am still in the process of deciding the features for my Cooper S. Is there anyone that can/will tell me about the following:

Computer Nav System -
Is is worth it?
Will my Ipod work through it?
What all does it do?
If I have Parking Assistance and the Computer, the book says a visual aid will come up. Is there a camera or is it something else?

Wheels-
I really want grey/dark silver wheels, but they seem so expensive!! Should I just get stock and then get aftermarket or should I get them through the dealer?

Any other must haves you think I should get for sure?

Thank you!!

Old 06-01-2008, 10:34 PM
Default RE: Need Help Deciding on Features!! PLZ

if it gets very cold at all where you live, get the cold weather package. It is really a nice feature

Old 06-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Default RE: Need Help Deciding on Features!! PLZ

definatly get the cold weather package. $500 bucks is worth it. i just ordered min with the premium pck, cold weather and just the comfort access key. i ent cheap on a few things so i have more money to do the JCW stuff to it. As for the Nav i feel the built in ones are rather bad. I have one now that i got in my truck two years ago and it's out dated. It's $500 just for the disk to update it. Just spend $450 in a travel one that up dates atomatically.

Old 11-30-2017, 03:55 PM

Here is my opinion-- Why do you need Nav? -- You have a smartphone I'm sure that you can use waze or google maps. Getting NAV is a waste of money.
You can get an ipod adapter-- check on Amazon or ebay... or maybe the car will come with one for not too much money.
As far as the other toys/wheels that you are thinking of: are you buying or leasing? -- If you are leasing, you are only going to pay for a portion of those rims (the lease term).. If you are buying, there are many aftermarket options you can get without spending $2k at the dealer.
Park assist???? -- The car can fit anywhere.. another waste of money.

Unless you have lots of disposable $$$, just get things you really need. Don't get all excited on extra add-ons that you wont need and wind up paying for.

However, I do recommend you buy the S over the regular. The S will give you lots more power when you need it. www.mianiautomec.com