General Mini Cooper Talk Anything non-technical, but relating to the Mini can be discussed here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to this forum, but really need help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 10:58 PM
Default New to this forum, but really need help!

Hi all!

I'm posting here as a really desperate plea for help. A couple weeks back, I left my 2009 Mini Cooper at a friend's neighborhood while I went on vacation for a week. I parked it across from her house, which ended up being a bad move. When I went to pick it up, the owners of the home it was parked in front of poured oil (or whatever it was, I honestly kind of thought they peed on my car) on the windshield, driver and passenger windows, and the rear windshield. Now, whenever I roll down my driver window, it drags the substance all over it. I haven't had the chance to fully clean my car since I've been working two jobs while moving and settling into a new home, but I'm trying to slowly clean it up.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how I should go about cleaning off this substance?? I'm just a college student living way too far from home and I'm too scared to let my family know what happened because I don't want them to get upset

A friend of mine told me to take it to a detailer but I'm scared I won't be able to afford it since I have a trip abroad next month to finance, as well as rent to pay at my new place. If I can clean it on my own (or make it better) rather than having to pay for anything, I'd like to try that first. Any help or advice is appreciated! Thank you!!