General Mini Cooper Talk Anything non-technical, but relating to the Mini can be discussed here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Protective Film?

Old 06-11-2011, 08:37 AM
Default Protective Film?

Hello all- Just purchased a new MINI clubman went from a SUV and OMG I am loving my new ride...Worth the wait...Anyway questions for you all...

My salesman mentioned to me after the fact that I should think about installing a clear protective film type thing on the hood, the rear top bumper, door and mirrors to protect the paint from chipping. My car is on the darker side and do have strips etc...

I feel I should place the film in order to protect my MINI from chipping it also comes with a 5 year warranty but is about $900. Anyone have thoughts on if it is really worth it having it installed and at the dealer or should I look for a reputable vendor offsite?

Any thoughts?

Thank you

Old 06-11-2011, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

Clearbra is DEFINATELY worth it ...
But NOT $900 I had mine installed by a window tint shop for $300 wirg a lifetime warranty against yellowing/peeling ect

Old 06-12-2011, 07:01 AM

Thank you was thinking there was a less expensive route but would like to protect my MINI for as long as I have it and then some.

Thanks again will be searching for a great installer.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:35 PM

Congrats on your new MINI! I did not get the protective film...the dealership was charging $900, which I thought was outrageous! Anyway, I never went anywhere else for the film, and now have a few rock chips here and there...Grrrrrr! My bad. (I'd rather have overspent on the film than have the paint chips!)

If you can get someone to install a clear film to protect your new MINI's paint job, do it!