General Mini Cooper Talk Anything non-technical, but relating to the Mini can be discussed here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggest a Cooper for me?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 05:41 PM
Default Suggest a Cooper for me?!

Hi all, I've been reading the forums and retaining information, but suffice to say it's a bit daunting for a new consumer. I currently drive a 2005 F-150, however, I just moved to an urban Midwest city and such a large vehicle is overkill. I've been trying to figure out something sportier that I might like and after some debate between the Nissan 350Z and the MC I've resoundingly decided on the MC.

Now that being said, I have no idea which package to choose or which options to seek, so I was hoping I could list what I'd like and could get a few suggestions from the community.

I need an automatic. I have a manual now and enjoy it, but it is a real pain when I need to let a friend drive my vehicle or have the fiancée move it around the driveway.

I'd prefer leather, or, if the interior is microfiber, then a suggestion for actual replacement upholstery covers that are a neoprene-esque material. (For some reason I'm ROUGH on microfiber interiors, but not leather which I have now.)

I don't plan on racing or making any performance changes to it, top speed or acceleration beyond stock is not important to me.

I don't plan on any exterior modifications or body kits or ground effects, though I won't rule this out completely.

What is the best interior package offered on the lowest-performance MC? Any suggestions or insight is greatly appreciated. Oh, I should mention that I'm looking for something in the 2002-2006 model years. I look forward to being an active member. Thanks!

Old 04-18-2010, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

If it were me I'd AVOID the early auto's they are prone to very very expensive repairs/failures $6000/$8000 in repair bills 04+ are better or the sticks are a better choice

There are leatherette seats availble you're kind of at the mercy of what you find in the used market