General Mini Cooper Talk Anything non-technical, but relating to the Mini can be discussed here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To Wave or Not to Wave...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 07:14 AM
Default To Wave or Not to Wave...

Was looking through another MINI-related site and a question was brought up there that I have been wondering about myself for a while. Is it me, or are there very few MINI drivers that actually wave or acknowledge other MINI drivers in some way? Part of the reason I bought my MINI was that I liked the idea that there is enthusiasm shared by like-minded drivers, with the understanding they would acknowledge this shared enthusiasm with a wave, or flash or lights, etc.

There are no MINI dealerships in my state (I'm in the NE area), and I don't run into a large amount of MINIs. (I can go days without seeing another MINI) I would think that the relative rarity would encourage other MINI drivers to wave; but by and large they don't.

On occasion, another driver will return the wave/peace sign, or will be the one to do it first - for a moment we are grinning stupidly and waving at each other sharing our appreciation for these incredibly nifty cars, and all is right with my MINI world.

Why is it that so few MINI drivers acknowledge one another nowadays?
If you don't wave, is it because you don't care to, or because you simply did not know about this tradition?

Old 03-25-2011, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

When I first got mine , no one waved as I passed mini's I always try to wave now I get the same folks waving back like they learned ...

Old 09-29-2012, 10:26 PM
Default Mini Wave

I agree with you! I have a 1989 Jeep Wrangler and most of the Jeep drivers wave.