General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2009 r56 totally dead~ not starting

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2020, 05:55 PM
Unhappy 2009 r56 totally dead~ not starting

Hello All! I’m a new member in search of help! Forewarning, LONG STORY. I’ve had my 2009 r56 since late summer 2019. Approximately 5 months ago, after problem~free daily driving, one day car wouldn’t start, key fob wouldn’t work, car totally dead. Since the battery was about 10 years old, purchased a new battery from advanced auto and started right up, no issues. About a month later, same issue and battery test showed battery was good so I then proceeded to buy a new key fob (car only came with one). Programmed key came and wouldn’t start car. Called the mini dealer, they stated sounded like a bad battery. Exchanged the fairly new battery for a brand new battery and car would intermittently start. Researched for weeks to find out that a new battery needs to be “introduced” to the mini. Paid to have said introduction done at mini dealer and car went haywire when I picked it up, i.e., strange lights on, windows not working, car stalled, etc. Left car at dealer again and was told the CAS system was bad but even the service writer said he’d never seen that happen in his 4 years there. Picked up the car and drove just fine for days. Fast forward to a week later, again dead battery, key fob not working, etc. charged the second new battery to 100% and still nothing?!?! I’m thoroughly exhausted at this point and have no clue where to even begin....parasitic drain somewhere?.....bad fuse?.....electrical issue?.....possessed Mini?? Any input much appreciated. I love her but I’m extremely frustrated.....Help