General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

central locking problem after i just bought the car

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Default central locking problem after i just bought the car

Hey everyone! I'm new here and new to owning a mini cooper. I'm going to give you a thorough description of what i did and the problem i came across. It's a 2003, not an S. First off, when i bought the car I knew that the keyless entry would not work (the fob part of it). So tonight i was messing around with it and thought I would check the central locking fuse inside the car to see if maybe that had blown or something (i'm regretting doing it now). The fuse was fine so i put it back in. Now, the fob still doesn't work plus the central locking system is all screwed up now. Before i could lock the car using the key in the door and all the lights flash and everything locks. Now when i go to do that same thing only the driver door will lock and no lights flash. This is a problem now because I can't lock the hatch or the fuel door. I've looked in the owners manual for ideas but all it can talk about is see the mini dealer for this features programming or whatever. So can pulling a fuse like that make all that programming go away for the central locking? Thanks for reading hope you made it this far! Thanks in advance!

Old 10-07-2009, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

I'd try disconnecting the battery and reconnnecting it ... pulling the fuse might have spiked the computer