General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Looking for specs.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 11:33 PM
Default Looking for specs.

I did a saerch but didnt find much for what im looking for. What id like to know is if there is a way to find the stock injector size(290cc/440cc), cam degrees, fuel pump size (190, 255)....basicly the whole specs on inner workings.

Reason is i want to use those specs to get a base range as far as fuel delivery, possibly any kind of head port...intake bore size(54mm/60mm) tb size. I have a 1.6l Hyundai engine i am experimenting with and since the mini is the only car i know of that runs boost on a 1.6 engine in the US i want to try to duplicate it as much as possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:10 AM
Default RE: Looking for specs.

anyone know any of this inf.? at least somewhere i can find it?

Old 09-05-2007, 08:02 PM

I have no idea. I don't know where you would get that info. There's LOTS of data on boosting 1.6L Honda engines, I would use those more than factory MINI specs.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:55 PM

but the minis are so quick and they do come stock that way...besides it would prolly be reliable doing the mini specs...ill have to ask a mini mechanic

Old 09-06-2007, 05:18 PM

There are quicker Honda's that are still perfectly reliable... The MINI isn't known for being fast in a straight line, it's all about the corners with these cars!

Old 09-06-2007, 06:16 PM

Yeeah...im asking the honda guys. They seam confused...wonder why i dont just swap. Minis have the ability to reach larger HP numbers a lot esier though. they already have the internals the heads timming, fuel, S/C or turbo...they have ii need to know in one cute little package and from there I can tune and change things up as i need to. Also the good honda engines all have vtech, something minis and hyundais dont have.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:26 PM

I'm still confused as to exactly what you're trying to figure out. Why don't you just ask hyundai people? You're not going to get your engine to match up with a MINI engine no matter what you do. I'm sure you can run a marginal amount of boost on your engine and be fine.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:27 PM

We even have a sister site, that's more active than this one:

http://www.hyundaiforum.com/

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=hyundai+forum

Old 09-12-2007, 11:06 PM

yeah i sort figured as much but its still worth a shot to get some info. its all about making the best of what you got...Im already running a decent amount of boost without any major problems...Thing is Im runnng a compleatly stock hyundai engine and its doing well with stock injectors at 5psi...gain about 50hp so from 89-92 whp stock i got it at 140-143whp....keeps up pretty well with those Supercharged Minis...but they tke off like rabbits at highway speeds... Its part why i want to try to do some tunning to try to match the mini.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:41 AM

Ive been on all those HYUNDAI FORUMs as well and the only one that has anyone that even remotely knows what they're doing is Hyundai Performance. The issue and why Im here is because its hard to just get ANY number for the engine im using. Most just do a 2.0 swap and I want to make a name for the 1.6 so its anything goes for the most part.

What would acctully be the best thing to find out is the valves and cams...if I can get my valves to perform similar to the minis that would set me into a better basline. Even better is if any valves or even the cams fit in the engine... only way to find out is to get a hold of some mini valves and spring and see if it fits to the spare head i got.

Quick Reply: Looking for specs.