General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Looking for specs.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 06:59 PM
Default RE: Looking for specs.

They're not going to fit, don't even bother. The only way you're going to get anything like a MINI engine in your car is to buy a MINI engine and put it in your car.

What I'm trying to say is, work with what you have and what you can actually do with it. It's going to take a hell of a lot more than MINI valves to make more power. You'll need to upgrade your crank, pistons, rods, block, etc etc etc. None of which can be done with parts from different brand cars. Aftermarket, maybe.

Basically, you're on a wild goose chase and the MINI engine is most definitely not what you're looking for.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:16 AM

well the piston heads of al things should fit? I mean they are both 1.6l engine and 1.6l doesnt change from car to car it shoud all be the same? Well then If parts dont work you must at lest know the mini S stock injector size right? are they 290cc or larger?

Old 09-18-2007, 09:22 PM

There's an infinate number of ways to make 1.6 liters of displacement. The bore and stroke of the MINI engine isn't going to be the same as the Hyundai therefor, the pistons won't fit. I don't understand what the problem here is, nothing in a MINI engine will fit in your engine. Nothing.

I believe the stock injector size is 330 or 350.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:16 PM

Yeah yah i know, sorry i just got so carried away that i over looked the whole bore and stoke. 330-350...well it acctully works out because over the weekend i found a guy who can acctuly reflash a Hyundai ecu. SO i just need to give him all my mods take my car into a dyno get some A/F read outs and send my car into the guy and he'll do all the rest. Ill mention the use of 350 injectors to him and see if its even something i need. Its funny because this is the 3rd foum Ive been on 1st was a honda forum and you guys were much more help than they were and when I was on there i OWNED a Honda! Thanks for all the help inspite the fact i dont even own a mni i appreciate it.