Oil filter housing change - can it be a DIY? - Mini Cooper Forums - Mini Cooper Enthusiast Forums

General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil filter housing change - can it be a DIY?

Old 01-17-2019, 03:34 PM
Default Oil filter housing change - can it be a DIY?

Hello all,
New to this forum and hoping some of you can give me some guidance.... Took my 2010 MCS to mechanic for oil leaks and got a double whammy in the vacuum pump going and the oil filter housing leaking. Guy is very reputable in the Mini community where I'm at, but he quoted me $750 just for gasket change and new turbo line for the oil filter housing. I'm fairly knowledgeable about cars, and for the most part done all the work on my Mini since I got it. I will be installing the vacuum pump tomorrow.

SO, I've read good and bad on the challenges of changing the oil filter housing gaskets, along with watching a few videos, and just wondering the challenges in doing this myself from those that know best...YOU!

Appreciate any help!!