General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

R58 fuel tank puncture

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 02:04 PM
Default R58 fuel tank puncture

I was driving my R58 and I pulled in to my parking spot and started smelling gasoline. I started to see gas leaking out of the RIGHT fuel tank. I took the R58 into the dealership and they told me that some object on the road punctured my fuel tank. Is this normal? Why is it not covered under my warranties? I bought this car less than 2 months ago and with this happening to the fuel tank, I feel as if my safety is at risk while driving . Any thoughts or suggestions before I pay $1300?

Old 09-01-2015, 02:21 PM

If it does in fact look like you ran over something, which was strong enough to puncture it, it would be more of an insurance claim than a warranty claim. Unless there was a defect and the tank failed, that would be covered under warranty. Just strange you didn't seem to notice anything. Maybe just inspect it and be sure that it looks as if you ran over something that may have punctured it. If you have good insurance and your rate wont go up, maybe call and see if it would be covered.